While I never thought we would have an artificial tree, we have had one for the past 3 years now. To keep positive about the change, I’ve decided to write a list of reasons why an artificial tree is better than a real one. If you have any additions to the list, please add them. I can use the encouragement!
So, here we go….
- First, just getting the tree home can be challenging without the right vehicle. Ever try bringing home an 8 foot tall tree in a Prius?
- When you get a real tree home you have to trim the bottom and get it into the house. Inevitably you will walk away with sticky, sap covered hands. Not so with the artificial.
- No need to worry about unwanted bugs coming in along with your tannenbaum.
- While you may need to form your artificial tree, you can be sure that there will be no flat spot or large blemish that will have to face the wall like you have on a real tree. Sure, you can buy a perfect, $100 real tree but throwing it away after Christmas seems like such a waste.
- Most are prelit which saves on the aggravation of unraveling the lights that you just threw in the box last year. Also, trying to find the one burned out bulb is not as fun as it’s cracked up to be. No matter how hard you try you, cant convince the kids that “finding the bad bulb” is a game.
- When you decorating a real tree you are stuck with the branches being where they are. With an artificial tree you can bend the branches to accommodate your decorations.
- No needles. Need I say more?
- No need to water. If you put a real tree up the first week of December, you can count on having a fire hazard by Christmas morning if you do not keep it watered.
- After Christmas is over you can leave your tree decorated and just put it in the closet if you have room. With a real tree, see above warning.
- If you don’t have room to leave it decorated, just put it back in the box and wait for next year. Your tree will be ready for you
PS. For all those who enjoy the fresh pine smell of a real tree, you can buy the little pine tree air fresheners and hang them on the artificial tree as decorations. You’ll never know the difference.